On this project we were working with existing framing but added a lot. Let’s look at the details:
- Built new large staircase for safe access to pool area.
- Dried-in the space below the deck using a rubber roof.
- Below the deck we installed white vinyl ceiling with built-in lighting.
- Added lighting to stairs and select railing posts.
- All new Trex Madeira decking with Trex Select railings.
- Mitered stair treads for a finished look.
- Installed a metal railing on the granite steps.
- Took up the patio (pavers had heaved), flattened the patio foundation, and reinstalled all the pavers.
- Substantial structural shoring including more connections to the house and beefy screws to hold the framing where nails were failing.